Butlers Chocolates began life in Dublins Lad Lane in 1932. The company was founded by a pioneering woman called Marion Butler who named her luxury chocolate creations Chez Nous Chocolates. Marion established the company in the heart of fashionable Georgian Dublin, making her delicious confections by hand. Marion, who was born in India and moved to Ireland as a young woman, continued to make her delicious chocolates until 1959 when the company was bought by Seamus Sorensen from Cork. The company is one of the few remaining family-owned chocolate producers in its market.
In the 1980s, the company was rebranded as Butlers Irish and later as Butlers Chocolates as a tribute to Marions dedication to the mastery of chocolate, for which we continuously strive.
Butlers opened its first retail outlet in 1989 on Dublins premier shopping street, Grafton Street. This shop was the foundation for the companys very successful retail concept – Butlers Chocolate Cafés. There are now 24 Butlers Chocolate Cafés in high profile locations in Ireland along with franchises in the Middle East and South Asia. Butlers Chocolate Cafés are beautifully appointed emporia serving the finest chocolates, delicious confections and premium hot beverages, including its award-winning house speciality, Butlers Hot Chocolate.
The company now employs 400 staff throughout its factory in Dublin and the Butlers Chocolate Café network in Ireland. The ethos of family and togetherness permeates the very special culture at Butlers. It is a company that has very loyal staff, many of whom who have stayed with the company for many years and have seen their careers develop and grow along with the company.
See on the Map
- 353 1 671 0599