Working capital is a measure of the short-term liquidity of a business, finances and day-to-day running of a business. This includes cashflow for operational purposes.
Viable micro, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and small mid-cap enterprises that meet the eligibility criteria.
SMEs are defined by the Standard EU definition [Commission Regulation 2003/361/EC] as enterprises that:
- have fewer than 250 employees
- have a turnover of €50 million or less (or €43 million or less on their balance sheet)
- are independent and autonomous i.e. not part of a wider group of enterprises
- have less than 25% of their capital held by public bodies
- is established and operating in the Republic of Ireland
A small mid-cap is an enterprise that is not an SME but has fewer than 500 employees.
Business with up to 499 employees can apply for eligibility to the scheme.