About Fund it
Fund it is an all-island crowdfunding website for Ireland’s creative projects, giving everyone the power to help good ideas happen. Fund it is based in Ireland, run by Business to Arts, a not-for-profit organisation working to support resilience and transformation in the cultural sector through research, innovation and partnership.
Fund it is designed to support greater individual giving to the creative sector and facilitate pre-sales of creative projects. Crowdfunding serves to strengthen the bond between a creator and their audience which offers the potential for wider-ranging, long-term relationships.
Why Choose Fund it?
1. Fund it is based and provides employment in Ireland and has local experts in fundraising and the cultural and creative industries who will work with you to make your project ready for go-live.
2. Fund it is non-profit and so charges a basic fee of 5% to support the running of the site, and 3% to cover the transaction and other costs for processing your pledges. We charge no extra costs per pledge, and no charges are made unless a project reaches its funding targets within the allotted campaign time.
3. Fund it has one of the highest success rates for reward-based sites anywhere in the world. Our success rate has never dipped below 71%, against larger international comparator sites who range 32-46% success for their campaigns. If you know of a higher success rate for an all or nothing site, let us know!
4. Our success rate is consolidated by the ‘Moderation’ we provide each project. No project goes live on Fund it without at least one phone conversation with a project creator to talk through the project idea, test the fundability, check the campaign and communications plan and ensure your network is primed and ready to support your idea.
5. Because we’re Irish and based in Ireland, the funds realised for Irish creative ideas stays in Ireland. We know that c. 20% of the funds pledged to Fund it projects is coming from outside Ireland, so we’re genuinely bringing new income to the creative sector!
WHAT MAKES FUND IT SPECIAL?
Not all crowdfunding platforms are created equally. Different platforms are suited towards different Projects!
Here are 5 reasons why you should use Fund it:
- We have a >70% success rate. Fund it has one of the highest success rates of any site in the world. To give some perspective, other international websites have an average success rate of 38.8% rate (Massolutions,2015)
- Our moderation process. Our in-house experts are experienced, knowledgeable, intelligent and just pleasant people to have a conversation with. Based on our experience, original research and specific knowledge of the Irish market we know how to run successful campaigns.
- We are likely the right fit for your Project. While other platforms gain publicity from large scale projects that raise millions internationally, this is not the norm. We are the platform tailored towards the 95% of campaigns.
- Irish based. We are from Ireland, based in Ireland and entirely Irish-centric. We know the market, the mentality of the people and our up to date research is specific to the Irish market. We also directly provide jobs in Ireland and all our profits go towards supporting projects, just like yours, in the Irish cultural sector through our parent company Business to Arts.
- Our non-profit status. The fact that we are not driven by profit means that we can make decisions on what is best for your Project, not what will get us the most commission.
Fund it charges a commission of 5% to break even on operational expenses and then a further 3% to cover transaction costs.